Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sandwiches and Suds


For those in the know for Dallas sandwich shops, I may be a bit late to the game but I finally tried out East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Snider Plaza.  A friend had the day off, so we ventured there for a sandwich and some beer to celebrate the holiday.  Touted as offering excellent gourmet sandwiches, locally grown greens and a lively bar, East Hampton has become a new local hanging. And now that I’ve been there I agree that the sandwiches, salads and suds are all outstanding. 

After sidling up to the bar and ordering some Fireman’s 4 Blonde Ale, we decided to check out the menu.  While not a large menu, everything at East Hampton sounded fantastic.  They are known for the lobster roll, but I wasn’t feeling something that rich in the afternoon so I checked out some of the lighter options. 

After some contemplation between the lemon or honey chicken sandwich, I went with the Honey Grilled Chicken Sandwich.  Two perfectly grilled chicken breasts were topped with fresh, locally-grown yellow tomatoes, grilled lettuce and a honey bourbon mustard sauce.  The chicken itself was so fresh that it didn’t even need seasoning to cook.  I was nervous about the idea of two chicken breasts but none of the flavors overpowered each other.  Grilled lettuce seemed like a weird idea but rather than being wilted it still had a nice, crisp taste. 

Honey Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Thank goodness that no matter what sandwich you order you still get the side of homemade potato chips.  Thinly sliced, perfectly crisped and lightly seasoned, I could have made an entire meal of those.  I even dipped them in the side of honey bourbon mustard for an awesome sweet and salty combination. 

Overall, East Hampton is a great place for a good sandwich, great chips and a chance to chill out with friends.  I can’t wait for next time to try out the famous lobster roll and get some more of those amazing chips. A

No comments:

Post a Comment