Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hashing It Out


A few weekends ago, a friend and I were craving some Sunday brunch and headed over to Smoke to try the smoked brisket cornbread hash. While I wasn’t quite sure this was what I wanted when looking at the deliciousness of the Smoke breakfast menu, being true to The List, I ordered and sipped my mimosa hoping I wouldn’t end up wishing I had chosen the blueberry pancakes instead.
Smoked Brisket Cornbread Hash
Thank goodness for The List! The hash came beautifully presented in layers with a sweet and tangy aroma that made waiting to take a picture almost unbearable. A soft and creamy poached egg was perched on a disc of lusciously seared brisket with perfectly bite-sized pieces of potato and cornbread creating the foundation on the plate. The whole thing was lightly drizzled in a chile/mole sauce making the food glisten, and whetting my appetite all the more. If that wasn’t enough, the first bite left me dancing in my chair – literally, I dance in my seat when food is spectacular – yep, I’m cool like that. I ended up eating to the point of being stuffed and luckily got to head home for a nap. If you are planning on being any kind of productive in the hour after eating, do not get this heavenly dish. I’m not sure if it was the overly large mimosas they like to pour – which I am NOT complaining about – the warmth and heaviness of the hash, or the lack of sleep from the past weekend but the next few hours of my Sunday were spent in a lovely state of sleep I can only compare to a Thanksgiving nap. Yep, it was that good. A+

No comments:

Post a Comment